Friday, April 13, 2007

"spring" update



Just got back from 4 days in New Hampshire, saw lots of snow, sleet and freezing rain. And as an aside, is there really any difference? They ALL make me miserable. I think that someone forgot to tell New England that it's THE MIDDLE OF APRIL - sheesh. Back in the good old days winter knew it's place, once March 21st came around, the dreaded cold weather quickly receded and green grass, crocuses and spring peepers all made their appearances. Will the real spring please stand up?

Work has been going great, my team had a very successful 1st quarter for 2007. I'm really enjoying things and I really feel like I've put together a good group. Of course, as soon as I start feeling comfortable... I find out that things are going to change drastically. As part of Citigroup's expense slashing, we are absorbing half of our Charlotte Region. So the good news is that Virginia is now part of my team's territory (hello Raspberry Falls!!) and I've added 3 salesmen to my team.




On the flip side, I've been traveling a bit too much. Last week, Matt dialed 911 when I came home from work - he didn't recognize the strange man walking through the door. I guess I need to get in some more time around the house.

Actually, Kate and the kids are doing well. Matt is testing for his first upgrade in Karate, I don't know if it's a yellow belt or what. I'm just excited for when he learns to pull the beating heart out of an attacker's torso (like so - to the right). Sam's first baseball game is next week, so far we're encouraged by his practices, he's hitting the ball hard and enjoying himself. Joe's soccer team is pretty good and he's doing his best to help the team - he's probably the youngest on the team. But as you know, he has no fear and he's throwing his weight around. Kate is ramping up for a productive spring with Pampered Chef. She does a great job with it, I think she just enjoys hosting social events.

I'm excited for the spring. I got to spend a few days on my semi-annual trip to Florida with the artist formerly known as Lumpy - Larry Jones (Atlanta thrashers - Manager of Corporate Partnerships). If he ever sends me pics, I'll post them so you can see me all fat and pasty white. On second thought, no pics.

That's all for now. As always - Peace to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home